Under the regulation "Act on the Prevention of Contagious Animal Disease", MAF APQA Local veterinary services are conducting control measures in accordance with annual infectious animal disease control programs. APQA has six strategic priorities and our activities are as follow.
1.Maintaining of FMD? HPAI free status as well as conducting control measures of Bovine Brucellosis etc?
- Carrying out emergency control measures due to the FMD outbreak in 2000, 2002 and retrieval FMD free status in November 2002
- Operating HPAI emergency control measure and sustaining FMD free status since September 2004
- Fulfilling control measures to eradicate bovine brucellosis, Newcastle Disease etc
2. Monitoring & Serveillance of Contagious Animal Disease
- Operation of animal disease serveillance committee (quarterly)
- Serological monitoring for major animal diseases (Aujeszky's disease, Rabies etc)
- Technical support with diagnostic reagents manufacturing and supply to the diagnosis laboratories
- Industrial joint research ＆ study of agricultural technology development projects
3. Establishment of Epidemiologic Investigations & Epidemiology Informatics?
- Performance of epidemiological investigations & analysis of major animal disease outbreaks
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of statistic data on notifiable contagious animal disease
- Epidemiologic research & development of major animal diseases
- Enhancement of epidemiologic analysis techniques?
4. Development of Diagnostic Technology for the Control of Foreign Malignant Animal Disease
- Serveillance & monitoring of non - existed disease in Korea such as FMD, BSE etc
- Research of diagnostic & preventive technology of foreign animal disease
- Vaccine Reserve and management for emergency(FMD, Rinderpest)
5. Operation of animal disease emergency control center
- Operating 24-hour hotline & preparedness and response of animal disease occurrence
- Maintaining of direct-call for animal disease reporting (1588-9060)
6. Cooperation with local veterinary services and related authorities
- Systematic cooperation with local veterinary services
- Organizing cooperation committee with KCDC for zoonosis
＊KCDC : Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention