What is Livestock Products Labelling Standards?
Livestock Products Labelling Standards is a criterion for the labelling of livestock products according to the provision of the Livestock Products Processing Act article 6 clause 1 and is being applied as a notification from Animal, Plant and Fisheries Quarantine and Inpection Agency.
The Livestock Products Processing Act article 6 (Livestock Products Labelling Standards)
1. The Minister of Agriculture and Forestry can decide and notify the standards for labeling of livestock products intended for sales.
2. The livestock products whose standards for labelling have been determined according to the provision of clause 1 shall be labelled suitably for its criteria. This shall also be applied to the livestock products imported for sale
How come Livestock Products Labelling Standards are necessary?
Livestock Products Labelling Standards aim at seeking sanitary, smooth processing and management of livestock products and providing consumers with exact information.
What products become the application objects of Livestock Products Labelling Standards?
1. Processed livestock products
- Processed livestock products manufactured by the traders licensed to do livestock products processing business according to the provision of the Livestock Products Processing Act article 22 clause 1
- Processed livestock products imported according to the provision of the Livestock Products Processing Act article 15 clause 1
2. The imported livestock products contained in containers or packing besides item 1
3. Packed meat made by traders licensed to do the meat packing and processing business according the provision of the Livestock Products Processing Act article 22 clause 1
4. Edible eggs intended to be labelled according to the provision of the Livestock Products Labelling Standards as edible eggs packed in containers or vessels that are directly sold to consumers
How are「Livestock Products Labelling Standards」composed?
|Article 1. Purposes
Article 2. definition of Terms
Article 3. Livestock products requiring a label
Article 4. Labelling information
Article 5. General labelling
Article 6. Examptions
Article 7. Detailed labelling standards for livestock products
Article 8. Allowable errors in labelling of net contents
|General labelling requirement|
|Schedule||Enforcement date of notifications, interim measures, etc.|
|[Attachment 1] Detailed Labelling Standards of Livestock Products
1. General standards
2. Individual standards
|Related to article 7(detailed Labelling Standards of Livestock Products)
- Name of product, type of livestock products, name and address of business, date of manufacture, sell-by-date, net contents, list of ingredients and quantitative declaration of ingredients, nutrition labelling, labelling of irradiated livestock products and other labelling requirement, general labelling standards for edible eggs
- Individual labelling standards pursuant to the types of livestock products on
Standards for Processing and Ingredients Specification of Livestock Products(a notification from Animal, Plant and Fisheries Quarantine and Inpection Agency)
|[Attachment 2] Allowable errors in deficient amount between labelled and actual net contents|
|[Table 1.]Recommended daily value of nutrition for Koreans [Table 2.]Nutrient Reference Value [Figure 1.]Nutrition Fact Table||Related to article 8(allowable errors in labelling of net contents)|
What items should be labelled?
- Name of Product.
- Type of livestock products
- Name and address of business
- Date of manufacture
- Net contents
- List of ingredients
- Quantitative declaration of ingredients
- limited to the case of using the ingredient name as product name or part of product name
- limited to the case of labelling ingredient name on the primary display pannel
- Additional detailed labelling standards of livestock products